Oral health is maintained through brushing and flossing on a regular basis. In addition to the daily care of the teeth, Family Dentistry in Baltimore City can offer routine cleanings to remove plaque, bacteria, and deliver the care outstanding oral health requires.
Gum disease can begin as early as the teen years. Proper treatment of gum disease can eliminate damage from occurring to the roots of the teeth. A deeper cleaning is usually required to clean the bacteria from the gumline of patients suffering from gum disease. The result of gum disease that is left untreated is the loss of teeth.
Family Dentistry in Baltimore City can restore a smile that may have been damaged from accidents, illness, or injury to the teeth. Missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants. These implants are permanent and require minor surgery. Implants also give individuals the opportunity to have a natural-looking smile without an entire set of dentures. Implants do not require any type of adhesive and will look exact like the natural teeth.
A family dentist can also perform:
* Cosmetic dentistry that includes veneers, whitening, lumineers, bonding, inlays and onlays.
* Endodontics. This is the root canal procedure.
* Restorative dentistry that includes bridges, crown, dentures and bonding.
* Oral surgery. This type of treatment can include bone grafting, facial trauma, wisdom teeth removal, and other teeth extractions.
* Orthodontic care. Orthodontics includes the use of clear braces, night guards and Invisalign. This type of treatment helps to straighten the teeth.
A family dentist will be able to treat small children through elderly patients. Small children should visit a dentist by their first birthday. A dentist will monitor the child’s oral development and will be able to recognize any problems earlier. Teeth that are not arriving in the proper position can be adjusted with the assistance of a family dentist. An outstanding smile offers the self-confidence everyone needs. Proper alignment offers more than just a perfect smile, it helps to maintain beautiful facial features and assist in properly chewing food. If you’re looking for a family dentist that can care for the entire family with all of the services they need, please click here for more info.
Be the first to like.