According to the U.S. Dept of Labor, massage therapy is one of the fasting growing career paths in America. If you are looking for a way to make your life better, set your own schedule and help other people, you should research massage therapy schools to help you achieve your goals. Here are six reasons why becoming a massage therapist is the way to go.
1. Be Readily Employable – there is a lot to be said about graduating from school and being able to find a good paying job right away. Too many people go to college, incur massive amounts of debt and then cannot get any jobs in their specialty. This is not the case with massage therapists. Massage therapy schools provide a huge amount of hands on real life training which gives their students the confidence and experience they need to immediately move into a job doing what they have been trained to do. With AZ massage jobs plentiful, now is the time to act.
2. Job Variety – massage therapists are employed in a wide variety of places. They can work in doctors’ offices, medical clinics, spas, hotels, wellness centers, resorts, hospitals, gyms, for sports teams or colleges or they could work out of their own homes as a self-employed therapist. The options are endless. For Massage Therapy, a 30 hr week is considered full-time.
3. Be a Professional – massage therapists must be licensed to practice what they do. This means that there is a standard set and only people that can perform at that standard can become a massage therapist. This gives credibility and respect to the profession.
4. Work Anywhere – in addition to the more common places a massage therapist can work they also have options to work in rare or exotic locations as well. Massage therapists can work on a luxury cruise liner and explore the world. Or they can work at a spa resort or on a beach overlooking the beautiful ocean.
5. Set Your Own Hours – If you decide to become a self-employed massage therapist you will be able to set your own hours and work whenever you want to. That means if you have something important coming up you can take time off if you need to. You can be your own boss.
6. You Can Help – one of the most rewarding parts of being a massage therapist is knowing that you are helping other people. Massage therapists are very popular because they take away the pain that people are feeling and help them to relax and feel balanced.
Be the first to like.