Broward County is in the grip of substance abuse especially, its young population. The menace is on the rise especially the abuse of Flakka, which is a synthetic drug. Of all the substances abused, alcohol ranks number one. In 2014, a survey conducted in the young population to assess the problem of substance abuse brought out some startling results.
Of all the students surveyed, 39.3% admitted to lifetime substance abuse and 17.8% admitted to use in the last 30 days. Among them, alcohol was the primary substance of abuse. Blacking out due to drinking on one or more occasions was admitted by 17% of the students. After alcohol next in line for abuse was marijuana. 19.4% of students admitted to lifetime abuse and 11% admitted to marijuana use in the last 30 days.
Broward County is taking new initiatives every day to make the county substance abuse free. The community has teamed up with law enforcement to fight the growing menace of substance abuse and improve Florida Drug Rehabs. There is a plethora of detox and rehabilitation centers available to combat the problem. However, not all of the centers are providing a specialized mode of treatment.
Some centers are admitting clients after they have undergone detox at some other place as they lack the facility of detoxification. Then some centers are offering only detoxification services while some are providing only individualized treatments. This scattered mode of Substance Abuse Treatment is not scientific and may fail at combating the issue at hand. According to SAMHSA, almost 80% of the rehab centers in Broward County have Intensive Outpatient Programs.
What should you look into while choosing an IOP Center?
It may seem quite overwhelming to make the right choice of IOP from this staggering pool of Drug Rehabs in Florida but that is not the case. While making a decision for the right IOP for yourself or for any of your loved ones look at some of the key features and the decision will become easier. The points to keep in mind are:
* Right treatment schedule: The overall purpose for an Intensive Outpatient Program is to have better control of day-to-day responsibilities and life. Carefully examine the treatment schedule offered by the facility and its suitability with your routine and time requirements.
* Location: Choose a facility that is closer to your home or office so that you can better stick with your treatment program and not skip it due to a lot of traveling involved.
* Agreeable treatment modality: Some people are comfortable with group counseling and interaction where some are not. Similarly, individual counseling is not liked by all. Find a program with which you are most comfortable. This ensures compliance.
* The Intensity of the treatment: Determine the level of your addiction and choose the program that has the intensity to deal with your problem. Do not cheat yourself and choose an IOP, which may require several hours in a day if you have a serious issue of addiction. If the program is not selected as required then it may be of little or no use.
* The Success of the treatment: The choice of rehab center can also be made depending on their treatment programs for drug abuse and mental health issues. Also, comparing its success rates with others will narrow down the list.
* Budget and insurance coverage: Rehab is not cheap and can be quite heavy on your pocket. Depending on the length of the treatment, the cost may run in thousands of dollars. Choose from the ones that you can afford. There are also centers that take insurance. Explore them.
* Privacy and quiet: If you are the kind of person who values your privacy and can afford a pricier place then an oceanfront drug recovery center may be your answer.
No matter what program you select the success lies in the effort that you put into it. The decision to become sober and clean is very important and the step to join a rehab center should be taken after careful consideration and selection. After completion of the program, it is very important to exercise self-restraint, continue to be sober and not give into temptation.
Be the first to like.